Thursday, February 1, 2007

Prayer Request

Prayer---what a privilege it is to be able to bow at The Masters feet and know that He is always there and ready to hear from us. We lift our prayers of praise and thanksgiving and our needs as well. Today I am sending an urgent request for prayer for a dear Christian friend (and six year cancer survivor), Sandra Byars. Many of you met her in the hospital waiting room on the day I had my surgery. She wanted to be there for me as she has walked with me every step of the way during my discovery of breast cancer. She has spent many hours talking on the phone and answering my many questions, but she has spent even more hours than that in prayer for ME. Now I am asking you to pray with me for her. She found out this week that a cancer in her glands (not breast cancer) has grown over 30% in the last few months and that a new spot has now shown up in both glands. She has an appointment with her doctors to discuss her options. Please cover her in prayer that her doctor would give her good counsel, that her options would be clear and that she would have wisdom and peace as she has to make important decisions regarding what her treatments need to be. I love Sandra and know the best thing I can do for her right now is to PRAY. Thank you for joining me, let's lift her up in our hearts and prayers right now. Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am in the midst of them."
Just a quick update on my doctor visit this Monday. I am healing well. The two test results from pathology were back. The Hercept Test was negative and that was wonderful news. THANK YOU LORD for answering that prayer. The Estrogen-Progestrin tests were opposite from the way Dr. Hardcastle had hoped they would be but, it is not a big set back. It only changes the type of treatments that I will have to take. On Monday, Feb. 5th, I have a 12:00 appointment with the Oncologist and there I will learn more about "the next step". Right now, it seems so complicated but I know when the time comes for me to make that decision, God will make it clear for me. I'll take that "bend in the road" holding to His hand!!
Thank you again for your out- pouring of love. You all are so special to me!! God bless you. Have a great weekend. I love you guys. Judy

No comments: