Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The God On The Mountain

Yesterday, (Sun.) was a great day! The Church service was so special for me. Our Choir Director told me before Sunday School Class started that the choir was going to sing a song in the morning service just for me (one of my favorites). But, it seemed like every song was meant to encourage my heart. (songs: I Choose Jesus (my favorite), To God be the Glory, and The God on the Mountain is Still the God in the Valley). I can't even begin to describe what a blessing the service was!! Isn't it great to be in God's House with his people and to feel the sweetness of His Spirit.

After church we gathered at our house with the Landtroop Grandparents and family and friends to celebrate Nathan's first birthday. Jill and Mark had made a video of his first year and as I watched it (with tears in my eyes) I was reminded once again just how much of a miracle he is. God has carried that sick little preemie baby boy through his first year and he is a picture of health now. To God be the Glory. I know He has great plans for Nathan.

Today, Monday, my doctor sent me back to the hospital for some more tests. On the way to church yesterday I coughed-up a blood clot and he wanted to make sure that there weren't any more clots floating around in my body. Marvin and I were there from 2:30 until 7:00 but, good news, all was clear. When we got back home from the hospital I had another surprise--the ladies in our neighborhood had gotten together and packed two large laundry baskets full of food, ginger ale, water, cards, magazines and much more for Marvin and me!! Sometimes I am just over-taken and humbled beyond measure at the goodness and love that has been shown to us during the last few months. Oh! how I pray that I will one day be able to give back to others just as much!!!

Tomorrow, Tues. at 11:00 I will have my first chemo treatment. PLEASE PRAY FOR ME. I am about to travel a path filled with "unknowns" but I know I don't travel it alone. All of you will be with me, my sweet family and friends, Marvin who has stayed every step by my side and I know......."The God on the Mountain will also be my God in the Valley".
I will write again soon.
Love to all, Judy
Mark 10:27

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Judy, you are in my prayers and my heart and thoughts daily. I left you a message yesterday before I knew that tuesday was the day for the first chemo. You were on my mind all day and I kept lifting you up in prayer. Somehow I thought the 28th was the first chemo. I want to come and visit so you let me know when you are ready.
You have and will continue to glorifed the Lord through your openess to share this journey with us all. It brings me to my knees in prasie of our Father who indeed walks with us through the valleys. I love you!
Carol