Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Another Bend In The Road

Well, I made it down another "bend in the road"; my first trip down the road to chemo and hopefully, recovery Yesterday morning was a day that I had been anticipating for quite a while and it just seemed to get here much too fast for me!! As I walked down that long hallway (@11:30) to the treatment room each step seemed harder to take so, I just tried to picture in my mind how my Precious Savior must have felt when He climbed that hill to Calvary's Cross and what He knew was ahead for Him. Knowing that He took my place on that cross I had total peace that He would never turn His back on me in my time of need. Sure enough, by the time I sat in that chair and was hooked up to the bags of chem and they started to drip His perfect peace was covering my heart and my fears. As I sat there I realized just how many other people were sitting there in that room just like me, going through the same feelings and I prayed for them!
Marvin and I got home around 5:00 and even though I was a little tired I really felt pretty good; sleep came easy. There have only been a few moments today (Wed.) of fleeting feelings of sickness (sort of like morning sickness when expecting a baby) but nothing worse than that. (GEE, you'd think if I have to have "Morning sickness" that I would at least get another "grandchild" out of it wouldn't you?) Ha.Ha.
Thursday morning (tomorrow) at 9:30 I go back to the office to have an injection that will help to build my white blood cells back up to help me fight infections. They say this goes straight to the bone marrow so I will have lots of aches and pains in my bones for a couple of days. Sort of like a bad flu. There will be a few days of pain and discomfort but when I am feeling low I will just focus on all of you and how blessed I have been through your prayers. I will keep hope alive, by keeping memories alive. Happy memories of good things hoped for that were fulfilled, and grateful memories of bad things that I've survived. God is still at work!!

God bless you all, Judy
2Cor. 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for thee; for my strength is made perfect in weakness."

No comments: