Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Latest Up-date

Hi Dear Friends,

Yesterday I went to the Oncologist to see what the next step for me would be in the way of treatments for my cancer. The reports showed that my tumor was negative for estrogen, progestin and Her-2 . This usually indicates a more agressive form of cancer than if just one or all of them had tested positive. Therefore, the treatments I will need are not the ones we had hoped for. On Wednesday, Feb. 14th, Dr. Hardcastle will do an out-patient surgery to put a port into my chest wall that will make it easier for me when the chemo treatments begin. My first chemo treatment is set up for Monday, Feb. 20th at 11:00. I will have 6 treatments in all-each one being administered every 21 days. All total the treatments should last for 5-6 months. I have to admit that yesterday I was a little "down". It all seemed so hard to face (the nausea, weakness, pain, hair loss, brown skin and all those "possible" side effects). I had trouble going to sleep last night but when I woke this morning I decided I was NOT going to let satan invade my mind or my heart! I prayed while I was still in my bed that God would help me and speak to me from his Word and bring me the peace that I so wanted before I faced this new morning. I read my Bible (Through the Bible in One Year) every morning with my "eye opening" first cup of coffee. Well, let me tell you how God answered that prayer. For today's date the study was in Exodus 23:25: "Worship the Lord your God and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take sickness from among you. I will give you a full life span". Boy! Did the tears fall from my eyes when I read that and my heart was strong again!! Now, I know that God was talking to the Israelites many many years ago and that they were in a total different circumstance than I am but, I also believe His word never changes regardless of the time or circumstance. God left these precious words for all of us to live by and to follow and I am going to claim them as if "just for me". I know I am about to travel down a new road that I know nothing about but I know I won't travel it alone. My family and I covet your prayers---prayer is powerful and so I ask you to please continue to remember us. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I will write again soon. This weekend (Sat.) we are celebrating Marvin's 62nd birthday, next Sat. we will gather again to celebrate an early 5th birthday for Ashlyn and then on Sunday, the 18th all the Landtroops and Mitchells will be celebrating little Nathan's first birthday and Mark's big 30th. That's what they mean when they say "Count your blessings" and I do, each one!
God bless you all, Judy (Psalm 91)

2 comments:

Steve said...

Judy, we just found out about your blog today, but I want you to know that Freda and I have been praying for you every morning since we first heard the news. God is faithful and He knows our every need!

We love you!

Anonymous said...

Judy

You inspire me through your faithfulness. If anyone can make it through this, it will be you. I know God is holding your hand very tightly and if things get rough, we know there will only be one set of footprints because he will be carrying you through the bad times. We love you and are prayig for you and your family.

Love

Eleanor