Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ecclesiastes 3:1

"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the Heaven". Today is Wednesday, the last day of February can you believe it? Where does the time go? I pray that what ever we do today we will truly understand our "purpose" and strive to accomplish our goals for this day.

Marvin and I went to the doctor yesterday for blood tests and to get the last stitches out. Unfortunately, the blood results were not that great. There was significant drop in my white cell count (from 6.5 to 1.8) and in the platelets from (325 to 135). This means right now I don't have very much strength to fight off infections so I will have to be extra careful where I go and what I do for the rest of the week. They told us that the week after chemo was usually the lowest point and I should start to build back up next week if all goes well. Next Tuesday I will go back for another check and if I haven't built up in those areas they will give me something to help in order to be strong enough to take the next chemo on March 14th. I plan to do all I can to rest and eat right between now and then. It is so hard to remember that I can't keep on like I used to because God has blessed me so much and I haven't felt "bad" or had any of the awful symptoms that some women have had but I will remind myself to "slow down"; I don't want to be foolish. I appreciate your prayers.

Speaking of prayer, my sweet friend, Sandra Byars, (whom I wrote of before) is having a biopsy on her adrenal gland this Friday at 7:30. Please put her on your prayer chain as well. Also, she has a cousin who lives in Canada, Judy Sinclaire, who has been diagnosed with breast cancer and she had her surgery yesterday. I have written to Judy and told her that we will pray for her too.

In closing, it looks like another beautiful day - spring is just around the corner. Time to"plant a seed" (a word of love, a smile for someone, a prayer a note or a hug). Sowing seeds of peace - what a great way to spend a day full of "purpose".....never underestimate the power of a seed.!

I love you guys!! Judy

1 comment:

Judy Mills said...

Dear Sweet Judy,
God Bless you! I check your site often to see how you are going. I pray God will bless you with extra strenght and grace to face the days ahead. You are in my thoughts and prayers. You are such a blessing and your courage is amazing. I love you