Saturday, February 24, 2007

Weekend Greetings

Today is Saturday, a beautiful day as it has been the past few days--"a breath of spring". You can feel spring time in the air, a time of new beginnings and new life. I pray that you have a wonderful weekend. May God's creation bring you pleasure as you look around you today!

I hope that you are not growing weary of my little blog notes but I love being able to "visit" with you this way and to share with you the wonderful grace of my Savior.

This past Thursday I had to go in for an injection to build up my white blood count which gets depleted by the chemo. This is done in one shot which has to be taken within 24 hours of the treatments and I had to administer it to myself. I immediately thought of my dear friend, Markie Haynes and of my precious Dad (both diabetic) who had to do this every day! I was a little anxious about having to "stick myself" but it really wasn't too bad. Now I can do this at home and won't have to travel all the way into the doctors office. The effects from the shot were rather uncomfortable for the next 24 hours. After about two hours I started to run a slight temp and was aching all over my body (like a BAD FLU). Needless to say, I didn't get off the sofa for quite a while and finally crawled into bed to sleep it off. Because the medicine goes directly into the bone marrow that is why it is so uncomfortable but also so necessary in the treatment. When I got up on Friday, I was feeling much better; only having a little feeling of "morning sickness".

This Tuesday, 27th, we go back to the Oncologist for a blood test to see how the chemo is working and then over to Dr. Hardcastle's office to hopefully get the stitches out from my port. I will try to write my next blog after that.

Have a wonderful weekend. I leave you with this thought: "Every day is a blessing; whether a good or a not so good day. We can't give up, we can't stop, we can't quit. For, if we do we may miss the answer to our prayers and the greatest blessing yet to come."
Thank you for praying with us, dear friends. May your blessings be many! Judy

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Judy, it has been a blessing and encouragement to me to read your blog. Keep it up! Your faith is ministering to many!
Love,
Lisa Huggins