Sunday, March 4, 2007

Sending Love this Sunday

I was reading in Ephesians this morning and came across this verse (Eph. 3:19) "May you have the power to understand the greatness of God's love---how wide and how long and how high and how deep that love is". It is hard to comprehend the depth of God's love until I had this thought: GOD WOULD RATHER DIE THAN LIVE WITHOUT US now, that's real love!!! He has shown me in so many ways these past few months just how great and deep and comforting it is to know that love. I can cast all my cares at his feet and he will show me the way because he loves me that much!!

Today is Sunday. I wasn't able to go to church this morning and I really am missing not being able to participate in worship and song with my church family. Marvin has gone and I know he will fill me in when he gets home. Since my last blog on Tuesday, I have come down with a bad case of that old flu and can't seem to be able to get the fever below 99+ so I am staying at home and out of crowds trying to build back my immune system before next Tuesday. I will go in this Tuesday for another blood test and should know if things are doing better. My next chemo treatment is the following Tuesday (13th) and I have to improve in order to receive the treatments by then. Please pray for me.

I have two praise reports today. My friend Sandra Byars had her biopsy of the adrenal gland on Friday and it went without complications and she is home. It will be a few days before the pathology reports come back. Also, her cousin, Judy Sinclaire, had her breast surgery and all went well with her. She is home recovering and when we hear from her reports I will let you know. Please keep praying for these sweet ladies.

This Tuesday, March 6th, is my little granddaughter Ashlyn's 5th birthday. I am praying that I will have a good enough report that morning that I can take her a little birthday cake and spend some "grandmother time" with her and little brother Carter. I know that all the grandchildren (Chad, Rebekah, Ashlyn, Carter and Nathan) all know just how much their Nana loves them, but I have missed my weekly visits with them so much. I keep reminding myself, "this is only for a season". Each day is a new day, I will be glad and rejoice in it and will be content where God has me for today.

Hope you all have a wonderful Lord's Day, worship Him, He loved you so much He would rather die than live without you!! I will write again on Tuesday after my doctor's appointment and hopefully "my birthday afternoon". Love you, Judy

No comments: