Monday, March 12, 2007

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Oh, what a beautiful day! Every day when I get up I know that I have been given the gift of a new day. What a great weekend we had to enjoy. I hope yours was delightful and filled with God's richest blessings from start to end. Ours was wonderful; a break from the day-to-day routine. Marvin went on a hunting trip (Fri. am-Sat.pm) with three men from our church. I had to almost break his arm to get him to leave me but he finally agreed. I knew he needed this time away from being my constant "caregiver". He enjoyed every minute and even brought back a freezer full of quail---anybody know how to cook them? I don't!!!! While he was gone I got to spend Friday afternoon with Lara, Ashlyn, Carter and Pam. On Friday night until Saturday afternoon my friend, Nancy, came and we had a "girls spend the night party" just the two of us. Believe me, it was a WILD time (ha ha). Actually, it was special; we just enjoyed our quiet time visiting, reading and being together. What a blessing it is to have such a wonderful family and great friends!
Yesterday Marvin and I went to church and I got to go back to Sunday School for the first time since I began chemo. It was great being with all of them again. I wore my "new hair" (wig) for the first time and I think that surprised everyone. Without it I look like Kojak without a lollipop (for those of you who are old enough to remember that TV show). What a joy if was to be in God's House; a place of strength and comfort. His Word never fails to bring me what I need to face the days ahead. Tomorrow, Tues. 13th, I will go for my second chemo treatment. If I feel as well after as I did after the first treatment I hope to go by and see Jill, Mark and little Nathan. I haven't been able to see them for 21 days. Nathan got a chicken pox shot three weeks ago and the doctor said that I could not be around him for that long since it is a live virus. They have all had colds and been sick but now are well and I can hardly wait to get my hands on him!!
I will write again after the treatment to keep you updated. My verse today is: Psalm 37:5 "Depend on the Lord; trust him and he will take care of you". God has certainly taken care of me and I give Him the glory for all he has done in my life!! Your friendship and prayers are priceless. Thank you for your comments also; I enjoy them so much. I know I will win this battle with cancer--how could I fail with God and all of you on my team. I love you! Judy

PS Sandra's cousin, Judy Sinclair got the results back from her surgery. All of her lymph nodes were negative. She will go back to the doctor in two weeks to find out what treatments are to follow her surgery. She thanks all of you for your prayers as well. There is no update from Sandra Byars and the results of her adrenal biopsy. Her doctor has been out of town but I will let you know as soon as I hear from her. We will just keep on praying!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judy,
Your courage and faith are truly amazing to me. I have you in my thoughts and prayers constantly. I have shared your blogspot with some prayer partners at work and they too are so touched by your messages. You have made a lot of people step back and look at their own relationship with the Lord. You are making more changes in the world than you'll ever know. I love you and know that God will keep you in His loving embrace.
Love,
Susan

Judy Mills said...

What more can I say, than I love you!
Judy Mills