Tuesday, March 6, 2007

A Birthday Afternoon

Today was a great day! God truly answered my prayers for today and gave me the desire of my heart. Yes, I WAS able to go and celebrate Ashlyn's 5th birthday with her and we had a wonderful time just being together. The look on her face when we drove up at her house said it all...I think she was excited to see us but, I know she couldn't have been nearly as excited as I was to be there! Another answer to prayer came at the Oncologist Office. I went this morning for the blood tests and things have improved. My Hgb was 11.3; if it had been below 11.0 I would have had to have an injection to build it up so I got in by the skin of my teeth but, I made it just the same!! Normal is between 11.0 and 18.0 so they want to see it go up more before next week and it should. My red blood count was 3.0 which is still low (should be between 4.0 and 6.0) but my platelets were up from 135 to 215 which was better (should be between 150 and 450). I still have another week to rest before chemo and so by next Tuesday these results should be even better.

God has truly been so good to me. I thank Him so much for today; it was such a great day. As I face next Tuesday I know that the chemo will once again take it's toll on my body but I also know that God will meet my every need. I am learning to "rest in Him". My verse for today was Mark 11:24 "Therefore, I say unto you, Whatever things ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them and ye shall have them". Pray, believe, that's what I am doing and I am strengthened by knowing that you are doing the same. Thank you so much dear friends! Love to all, Judy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judy--So awesome to hear that you were able to spend the day with your sweet family and enjoy your grandaughter's birthday celebration.

After reading over the last few days on this site, Judy, I can't begin to tell you how your words have uplifted me! Your amazing faith, and the strength that you draw from the Lord is such a tremendous blessing. There is no doubt that God is touching so many lives through you--and what a precious messenger He found!!

Take care Judy, and please know that you remain on my mind and my heart.

With much love and prayers,
Diane Durden

Judy Mills said...

Hey Judy,
Last Sunday I taught my ladies class on I John 3:1. BEHOLD,(take a long look) what manner of love (where did it come from, not from this world) the Father hath bestowed upon us (given to us). It is so hard to understand how he could love me BUT he does. Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so!! GLORY!
I pray that you continue to do good and that every week you get stronger and stronger. May you feel his presence every step of the way.
Love you forever,
Judy Mills