Sunday, March 18, 2007

Yikes! I've been zapped!

I am sorry that it has taken me so long to write to you again. I have had you in my thoughts daily and I know that you have been thinking of me as well. Your cards are still such an encouragement to me and your phone calls and visits give me that little burst of energy that helps me pass the time thinking "happy thoughts". My sweet neighborhood "team" came to the house last Monday night (before my treatments) with two more baskets loaded with food and water and magazines and so much more. I wish you could have seen them-- I looked out the window and saw 11 ladies marching down the street carrying the "cancer-flag" right to my front door. I felt like they were holding a parade in my honor then, I realized---that wasn't a "parade" it was "my army" marching on to Victory just for me. How priceless that moment was!!!! Little did I know just how much that sight would come to my mind during the days ahead and how much I would be encouraged by them!!

After my chemo treatment on Tuesday and the shot that followed on Wednesday, I've been zapped. Needless to say, I've never felt like a super hero figure but since my last treatments I've imagined how Superman must have felt when his super character got "zapped" and he lost all his energy and super powers. That's how my week has been; I've had a hard time recovering (especially fighting the sickness and weakness this week). Even today, Sunday,I am battling waves of sickness but, I realize it is only for a "season" and things will improve. In spite of all the after effects God's love has been evident and during those moments of weakness I grab my Bible. Today I turned to Psalm 91:1 "When I dwell in the secret place of the most High I shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I depend on God's protection--HE is my Super Hero. Marvin and I didn't go to Sunday School this morning but were in the morning Church service. What an awesome privilege to have that freedom and as always it was great. Our youth choir sang a special song today "The Lord Knows What to Do". What a comforting thought no matter what we are going through isn't it? He does know just what to do to meet our every need and I rest in that!! God YOU are my Refuge. I fully trust YOU!! I pray the same for each of you. Speaking of prayer, I have an update on Sandra Byars. Her adrenal biopsy came back benign which was good but, they are very concerned about how fast the tumor is growing. She will have a CT Scan and an MRI on Wed. 20th and then they will make a final decision about removing the adrenal gland or not. She needs us to keep her in our prayers. She and I both know we are surrounded by many wonderful prayer warriors and we thank God DAILY for each one of you. Have a wonderful week. I love you guys! Judy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judy,
Justin and I are thinking of you and praying for you. Thanks for your blog and for keeping us updated so much of what's on your heart. It is amazing to see God's power in your weakness! It's awesome to know you are in the hands of the One who created the universe. We love you, Christy and Justin Wyatt

Judy Mills said...

Dear Judy,
I pray that you are feeling stronger today and that God is blessing you above measure.. You never realize how much God's grace is sufficient until you need that grace that only He can give. I have experience so much of that special grace during the loss of my sweet daddy. Please know that the Mills' family thoughts and prayers are with you. Please give the family our love.
Love you forever!
Judy Mills