Saturday, July 21, 2007

I Am So Thankful!

I am so thankful for THIS DAY. No matter what it brings, God gave me today and He will be with me in it. Every day I feel stronger and that my healing is going well. It's great to "taste" food again, to have energy to play with my grandkids, to cook meals and to enjoy the day without sickness or fatigue and even to look in the mirror and see some "fuzzy little hairs on top of my head"!!

I am thankful for doctors and chemo and medications that, hopefully, have knocked cancer back so far that no traces will be detected on August 6th.

I am thankful for friends and family, time to sort and shift "priorities in life", time to appreciate each new day, time to see health as a gift and time to reach out to others in need.

I am thankful for time to turn my eyes away from self and lift them to God, the very one who created me and holds me in His hands. I will praise the Lord forever!!

I am thankful to each one of you for your love and faithfulness to me. Every day I still receive a card in the mail; someone God sent to give me words of comfort and encouragement. How will I ever be able to let you know how much you mean to me? Thank you for letting God use you to bless my life!

And.......I am thankful for each opportunity God gives ME to "pass it on to someone else"!!

I love you guys,
Judy

Isaiah 40:31-Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not be faint.

PS Sandra Byars surgery went well. The surgeon seems to think they were able to blast all the cancer cells. They will know more after the next CT scans. Mark and she are so thankful for your prayers and so am I.

1 comment:

Judy Mills said...

Hey Judy
Your good news is encouraging to hear you say that you are able to cook and taste food. What a blessing!

Please add Joan Odom to your prayer list, this is Claude's daughter (Preacher's oldest brother)she has cancer tumor's all over her and this week, they have found 3 tumors on her brain. They have given her about 6 months. She is about 50 yrs old. A very sick lady.
Continue to take care of yourself and know that you are loved!
Love you forever!
Judy Mills