Monday, July 30, 2007

HOLDING ON

That's just what I am doing these days following the chemo treatments, "holding on". There are two very important appointments coming up in the next few days and I would be very grateful if you would remember them in your prayers.

The first appointment is on Wednesday (Aug. 1). I will go to my OBGYN for a check up. I haven't been in five years and I know that was foolish, especially in light of what has taken place over the last seven months but I let "other things" get in the way of making the appointment until now. I am a little anxious about this visit and I have to keep my focus so that I don't run off and dwell on the "what ifs". Then, on August 6th, I go back in for my first CT/Pet scan since my surgery and final chemo treatment to see how things look at this point in my recovery.
I will write and let you know the outcome from both tests as soon as possible.

Till then I'll keep "holding on".... to the hope that the cancer has been controlled, "holding on"...to the hope of a cure and "holding on"...to the Father's Hand!!

I love you guys,
Judy

Isaiah 41:13-For I, the Lord thy God, will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

SPECIAL PRAYER REQUEST: Joan Odom (niece of a dear friend) has found out that she has cancer all over her body. Last week they found 3 tumors on her brain. Doctors give her 6 months to live. Please pray for her and for her family in the days ahead. Thank you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

8/1/07

I was thinking of you and so I went to your blog. I hope the appointment went well today. I also went to the doctor today and he was not pleased with my shoulder. Some of the soft tissue has turned into scar tissue and is frozen. If the therapy does not break it loose, in three weeks they will put me to sleep and unfreeze it. I hope and pray that I do not have to have that procedure done. Remember me in your prayers as I am you in mine.
Love
Eleanor

The Wyatts said...

Judy,
You are in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks for your prayers for us! We really enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with you. You are truly a blessing and a testimony that God cares and holds each of us in His hands. We love you. Christy and Justin

Judy Mills said...

Dear Judy
Hope and pray all your docotr's visits have been good. I think of you often and pray for you daily. I love you much.
Judy Mills