Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Do you see the cross?

I am sorry it has been so long since I last wrote to you on my blog. It has been a hard week I must admit to you (lots of nausea and tiredness and weeping this week) but, praise the Lord, I am beginning to feel better now. It looks like each treatment will have this effect on me so I just have to prepare myself for that and take one-day-at-a-time and rest in Him. It makes me extra thankful for the one week between treatments when I actually start to feel like my "old self" again. (Ok, ok, I know I'm "old" all the time but you know what I mean!!)

Tuesday (4-17) I go in for my blood test to see how my red blood cells and platelets are doing. I will let you know those results as soon as I can. I have noticed that I am bruising a lot easier these days especially where I have to give myself those "wonderful" shots. They changed the injections from one powerful shot to one shot for five days in a row. That is supposed to be less intrusive but still a necessary part of the treatments. The shots are supposed to stimulate the blood system (bone marrow) to make white blood cells, helping to fight infections. They must be working because I have been able to stay well. I'm thankful for that.

If everything checks out ok on Tuesday, Marvin and I plan to go to the mountains for a few days next week. We both need some R&R and some quiet time away together. Also, Lara and Britney have had a small set-back with the closing of their house and move to Minnesota. They were supposed to close this Thursday on their home here but because of complications on the buyer's end, it has been rescheduled for next Friday instead. Of course, I am so grateful for another few days having them still here in GA. That means I can hold and kiss my grandbabies one more time. But, it also means another week of "separation anxiety" and saying goodbye all over again. In spite of everything, we know that God's timing is perfect and we trust Him to work things out for them.

Have you noticed our new family photo on the blog? Check it out. Do you see the hidden cross in the background? It's actually part of our front window pane but when I look at it I see the cross and it reminds me of just how blessed our family has been. God is so good isn't he? I am comforted in knowing that no matter how many miles there are between our homes, our hearts are always connected and the family circle remains unbroken. I love my family so much and I love you, dear brother and sisters (my extended family). I thank God always for bringing you into my life. Your love and prayers bring me such strength and your friendship is truly a treasure! The Cross makes us family too!
I love you guys,
Judy Romans 12:10 "Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love."

PS An update on Sandra Byars. She is awaiting the scheduling of surgery to remove her adrenal gland. It has to come out. I will call her and get an update. Please remember her in your prayers. Thanks.

2 comments:

Judy Mills said...

Dear Judy
I pray for you daily. Your family is beautiful and I do see "The Cross" in the window... hmmmmmmmmm make you want to shout! God love you and give you rest...
Love you forever..
Judy Mills

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy
Cindy & I accessed your blog for the first time today. Forgive our slowness, but we evidently are old and technology has passed us by. Kim was here Sunday and showed us how to get it. What a blessing your postings are!! I know you're going thru a trying time, but your postings are a blessing to all of us. You are in our prayers daily.

Love you,
Mike & Cindy