Tuesday, May 1, 2007

And The Owl Blinked

Greetings to all!
I heard a sermon not too long ago entitled "And the Owl Blinked" and I have thought back to that message many times during the past 5 months! This message was about how, in the blink of an eye, your life can change and take on a whole new direction. Perhaps one you had not wanted to take. How true that is isn't it? Just this past week I have seen another "change". Lara, Britney Carter and Ashlyn finally packed the cars and headed to their new home in Minnesota. They left on Friday afternoon and, praise the Lord, arrived safely in Minnesota on Sunday. Thank you for your traveling prayers for them, they had a safe and uneventful trip---kids, dog, goldfish and all!! The moving van with all their belongings should arrive this afternoon or tomorrow and they can truly begin to settle-in. As glad as I am that they are safely relocated, at the "blink of an eye" I find myself feeling sad and missing them so much already. (I think I have finally reached the end of my tears!) Thursdays will be lonely for a while. Carter and Ashlyn always came to play every week on that day. I am praying sincerely for God to show me a "new purpose" for my Thursday afternoons; I know he will fill it with something special! Marvin and I already look forward to having a new place to visit. We have never been to Minnesota before. I know our time with them will be even more special.

Yesterday I had an appointment with my surgeon. I had found a troublesome lump in my right breast last week and wanted to have that checked out. He seems to think that it is nothing to be concerned about at this time but plans to keep a close watch on things. He and the oncologist are discussing when to do another CAT scan and also what to do about the mass on my thorax. Please keep that in your prayers. They will probably wait until chemo treatments are finished in order to get a good reading. (I still have 2 treatments left--the last one on June 5th). I am thanking God daily for his goodness and care. Other than the nausea and the effects from the shots that I have to take, I have come through each treatment without any real complications. I know that is also a result of your many prayers for me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you have done and continue to do for us. "Prayers are precious jewels". The Owl may blink---but the Keeper of our Soul never sleeps"!!
I love you guys,
Judy
IPeter 3:12 "For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous and his ears are open unto their prayers."

PS Please remember Sandra Byars; her surgery is May 9th at Emory.

1 comment:

Judy Mills said...

Sweet Judy,
My prayer's are with you and yes they are so special. I wish there was something that I could do for you but I know that prayers are so important. I know that Judy's Journey may be long and tiring but aren't you glad that you have a traveling friend that will never leave you nor forsake you.
God Bless you
Judy Mills