Saturday, May 26, 2007

Freedom Comes With A Price

Happy Memorial Day. This is the weekend we stop to honor all those brave men and women who protect our country and allow us the freedoms that we so often take for granted. However, freedom does not come easy. I pray that as we gather with our loved ones we will stop and remember the soldiers (past and present) who have given so much for us. May God Bless America!!

Yesterday I had my blood work done following the May 15th chemo. The results were not so good this time; they were the lowest since I started my treatments. Of course, I got the "special shot" to build back before the June 5th treatment. Then, this morning I got up with swollen lips and sores in my mouth (a side effect of chemo also). The doctor called in some medicine that is supposed to clear them up and I am sure in a day or so that this too shall pass. Don't worry---they won't keep me from eating or talking, I can always find a way to do both!! All things considered, I still feel pretty good and count my blessings daily. Each day is a gift. Your prayers have brought me through so much already and I know they will continue to be a strength to me. Thank you dear family and friends.

I hope that you have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend. We are looking forward to having some of our children and grandchildren with us. May God bless you and may God bless America.

My verse for today is: Psalm 117:1 "Praise the Lord, all you nations; extol Him, all you people." (He gave the ultimate sacrifice!!)

I love you guys,
Judy

PS A quick update: Sandra Byars is back in Emory recovering from an infection following her surgery. I talked with her a short while yesterday and she is still very sick but showing improvement day by day.

Two new prayer request:
Keith (Rev. Howard & Judy Mill's son in law) will have surgery to remove his pancreas and spleen. Remember his wife Allison also.
-and-
Eleanor Sweatt (Jason's mom) will have surgery on May 31st (shoulder)

1 comment:

Judy Mills said...

Dear Judy
I pray the shot will help your blood work be good again. I especially hope you have a good time with your family on this special weekend. May God help us not to ever forget our men and women that keeps us free! May you be blessed. I love you dearly.
Thank you for remembering Allison and her husband in prayer.
Love you forever,
Judy Mills