Thursday, January 10, 2008

MADE FOR HEAVEN

This was the title of my daily devotion this morning and how appropriate that is for this day. My dear friend, Sandra Byars entered Heaven's Gates last night after a long battle with breast cancer. She is finally at peace and at Home.

It's hard to imagine that just this time last year, she was sitting in the hospital waiting room with MY family while I underwent surgery, bringing comfort and encouragement to all of us. What an inspiration she has been to me over the years and I am glad that God gave me so many opportunities to tell her that!! I promised her that when she put down that breast cancer torch for the last time--I would be there to pick it up and carry it through someone else's journey. I only pray that I will do it in the same love and determination that she did. "Job well done my dear friend. " (I know there will be a jewel in her crown with MY name on it)!

What peace I feel for her today. I know that she is healed, cancer free at last and that she is happy. We are never really completely happy on this earth simply because we are not made for earth. Oh, we have wonderful moments together, precious memories to hold on to, and even days of gentle peace, but they simply do not compare with the happiness that lies ahead! This is not "good-bye" to Sandra, it is only the chance to say-----"Until we meet again". God bless you dear friend, He has lead you Home!!

Praying for the Byars Family and all of you,
Judy

John 18:30 My kingdom does not belong to this world.

No comments: