Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Greetings Everyone,

We have just celebrated the last day of 2007, another year that has come to an end. As I reflect on this past year I look back at my calendar and see many of the events of 2007. My journey began in January with lots of tests, doctor visits, surgeries, chemo treatments, news that some of my family would be moving to Minnesota, and an emergency hospital stay. But then--- there was Chad's baseball tournament, grand children's birthday parties, a trip with Marvin to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee for some quiet time together, the Mitchell Family Reunion in Quitman, Georgia, an end of the year cookout with Mark's third grade class, my last chemo treatment in July, a trip to Minnesota to see Lara, Britney and the grand children, a cancer-free (remission) report in July, Thanksgiving week with all of my family home together, a 40th wedding anniversary trip to Disney World, and a very, merry Christmas celebration. Oh, how MUCH I have to be thankful for!! Some of these events were mountain-top moments and some were spent down in the valley but ALL were spent holding onto my Savior's Hand. He has taught me so much this year. I have truly learned that no matter what comes into my life, He will give me the strength to live in and through all things. God is truly faithful!!!

Now, as I look to the New Year, I have no idea what lies ahead. I have those "plans and resolutions" as I am sure you all do as well. I hope to start writing in a Daily Journal (something I have never taken the time to do before), to lose a few unwanted pounds, to organize and clean all my closets and cupboards, to spend more time with family and friends, etc. etc. Only time will tell just how much of this I truly accomplish. But more importantly than any of these things, I want to be able to say, "Wherever God takes me in 2008, I will follow Him with a new desire to serve Him with my whole heart". It is time to thank Him for what is past and now begin to focus on His purpose for me today and in the year ahead. Let us all run the race that is before us -- for the "Ultimate Prize" at the end is worth the journey.

Come, join me on this "Journey"!
I love you all,
Judy

Philippians 3:14-I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

P.S. Please continue to pray for my dear friend, Sandra Byars. She is very sick. Also, please add another friend to your prayer list. Her name is Marie Lester. She is right where I was this time last year, facing breast cancer. Pray that God will use me to encourage her ,as so many of you have done for me. May God bless you beyond measure in 2008!

No comments: