Monday, May 26, 2008

LIVING AND LEARNING

Greetings friends,

School is out for most students and summer vacation season is upon us. It was my pleasure a few weeks ago to join my son-in-law and his 4th grade class for their Annual End- of- the- Year Cookout. It has been my job for the last five years to be the "chief hot dog cooker". This year I grilled over 200 hot dogs!! What a joy it has been to watch his students and their families as they gather for this celebration. Every year he invites, not only that year's students but every class that he has taught in past years as well. Some of those students will be entering 10th grade next year but they still come back to see their favorite teacher and long time friends. I usually stand back and watch and listen and that is when I realize just how much "Mr. Landtroop" has helped teach and encourage these young lives. He is just that kind of teacher most parents hope their children will have in school. He has that perfect balance of discipline mixed with just enough love and compassion that the students need to be successful and grow. All of us can probably look back on our childhood and name one teacher who had that impact on us as well. (Mine was my seventh grade teacher, Mrs. Smith. "Thank you Mrs Smith for making a difference in my life"!!)

We may not always be aware of the influence we are having on other people either. We are all "teachers". Others are watching and learning from us by the way we live our lives. Opportunities come in all sizes and shapes. Part of life's great adventure is the growth process itself. We are always growing, teaching, and learning. What are we teaching, what are we learning, how are we growing?

Enjoy your summer vacation but remember: "Someone is still watching and learning". Your life is a book. Be that example. It is not our job to "change" the world, it's just our job to "teach" the world and GOD will do the rest!!!

Happy Summer!

I love you guys,
Judy

Galatians 6:6-Let him that is taught in the word share with him that teacheth in all good things.

PS. What I learned last week from all my tests:
"God is taking good care of me!!" All my test reports were good. I just have a slight problem with acid reflux and medications will take care of that. Praise the Lord and "Thank you" for your prayers as well.

No comments: