Thursday, November 15, 2007

PUT TO THE TEST AND THANKING GOD IN ALL THINGS

Today (Thursday) was a big day of testing for me. The morning began with a radioactive injection followed by a CAT scan of the head, chest, abdomen and pelvis. Then, off for another mammogram, and a bone scan, followed by blood work and a visit with my oncologist.

Testing day is filled with all kinds of emotions for me. When I'm in there having all those scans done I try to watch the faces of the technicians to see if I can find any "clues" in their expressions as they are reading the screens. Testing day reminds me of what it was like when I was in school. You know how you study and prepare the best you know how--you think you did OK on the test but you still anxiously wait for the teacher to pass out the grades to see how you really did. "Cancer test day" is a lot like that.......you know that you've been feeling pretty good and you think everything is going great but you still have to wait for the "final test score".

I am very thankful to report tonight that I have gotten the results back from all the test except the bond scan. Everything looks good!! The growth on my thorax has not changed, the mammogram is the same as it was three months ago, they found a brain (ha ha), and I am testing clear of cancer at this time. (I am still waiting for the results on the bone scan but I am very positive that those results will be good as well). Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your prayers, you will never know how much strength I feel knowing that you are praying for me.

As Thanksgiving week approaches, my heart is so full. I have SO MUCH to be thankful for this year. God has walked down this path with me every step of the way, surrounded me with loving friends and a precious family and given me a peace that passes understanding through and in all things. I will be eternally grateful and I praise his Holy Name!

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of Lara, Britney, Carter and Ashlyn. They are coming in from Minnesota to spend Thanksgiving week with us. It will be the first time in six months that we have all been together. The "family circle" will be complete---all the kids and grand kids will be here and I can hardly wait!!! I pray that each of you will experience a week of thanksgiving and blessings as well .

As I pause and reflect on the goodness of Our Lord, I am truly humbled. His love and mercy is everlasting! In all things, give thanks. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Enjoy your time with friends and family---"a happy memory is a precious thing"!

I love you guys,
Judy

Ephesians 5:20 Give thanks always for all things.

No comments: