Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I Pased The Test

Yes, I passed the blood test on Monday (by the skin of my teeth) so I didn't have to get the Neulasta injection that is so hard for me to recover from. They want me to come back in this Friday to check the white blood counts again. It can still drop (or it "can" continue to build) and they want to make sure the counts are good enough to get through the weekend without any problems. Please pray that I "pass the test" again on Friday. It's funny how some things effect your mind. When I entered the building on Monday and got on the elevator to take me to the 7th floor and the Cancer Center, I immediately began to feel nauseated even though I knew I was ONLY going for blood work and no chemo. I guess I will feel that way for a while when ever I have to go in but---I was rejoicing when I left the office to come home. God had once again heard and answered my prayer!! Thank you Jesus and thank you , all my prayer warriors.

After I left the Cancer Center, I went to Dr. Hardcastle's office. He took blood also to begin checking 'markers' which will tell him if anything "out of the ordinary" is going on in my body. More good news there, he confirmed that I would not need to have any radiation treatments. The next step is the CAT and PET scans in July. We will know more at that time how the chemo worked and also, hopefully, find out more about the mass in my thorax. I am praying and trusting God who made me and charts my path. Wherever he leads me I know He will care for me!

I will update again on Friday or early next week. Till then always remember-------
I love you guys!
Judy

Deuteronomy 31:8 The Lord himself will go before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forget you. (How comforting is that??!!)

PS. Sandra Byars continues to recover at home.
Keith Wood (son-in-law Rev. Howard & Judy Mills) had surgery today to remove his spleen and pancreas--please continue to pray for he and his wife Allyson. Thanks!

1 comment:

Judy Mills said...

Dear Judy
So good to hear your wonderful news, you will remain in our prayers. Thank you for putting Keith on your website that means alot to us. When we get through all of our journey's maybe, we can sit down and have a good talk, laugh and thank HIM together for all HE has done.
We love ya'll!
Judy Mills